It's been a while, but Flashback Friday has returned.
For the occasion, I've created a meme. (I don't chain them, but feel free to copy to your own blog, if you'd like. Be sure to leave me a comment to let me know you did, so I can go check out your answers!)
If it's possible for you to remember the following events, in 15 words or fewer, describe your experience with them.
- The assassination of Robert Kennedy.
Playing on the floor at Grandma's. She was crying while she ironed.
- The stroke of midnight on the first day of Year 2000.
Watched on TV all the people who had traveled so far to celebrate. Wondered why.
- You first saw/heard your mother cry.
My heart sank. I thought the world was ending.
- A teacher falsely accused you of something.
4th grade. Mrs. Dimmit said I swore, but I didn't...dammit! 500-words, please.
- The Challenger space shuttle tragedy.
My voice lesson interrupted by phone call from teacher's wife. He went pale. Lesson canceled.
- You bought your first piece of designer anything.
A lavender, Polo Ralph Lauren oxford cloth button-down shirt. Mmmhmm.
- The first time you heard a) Little Red Corvette, b) Billie Jean, or c) Material Girl.
LRC -- at Zippers, a gay nightclub in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- You first fell in love.
Arrived home; found person I was dating wearing only an apron, cooking my birthday dinner.
- You walked out of a movie.
300 -- okay, I shut down the DVD player, but I would have walked out anyway.
- The Chernobyl disaster.
Too self-absorbed during college, but rekindled memories of high-school protests following Three Mile Island accident.
- A beloved idol disappointed you.
Heard Fleetwood Mac live, and regretted it. One word for you, Stevie: intonation!
- You first questioned the truth behind whatever religion you were brought up with.
Looking at the propagandistic illustrations of black stains on one's soul in my catechism text.
- The first time anyone asked you to dance.
At Zippers, while Little Red Corvette was playing. I said yes.
- You suffered your first broken bone.
Around five years ago; caught little toe on Roger's dog crate while rushing to rehearsal.
- The first time you heard the word "blog".
From Homer, some years ago while hanging out with him during my Tucson days.
Oops. I forgot yesterday. Here are the answers to Tuesday's puzzles:
The lines are parallel. Something about white boxes next to black ones creating an optical illusion...eh, I don't know.